UK nurse list of document
Anyone wanting to work in the UK as a nurse should have bellow documents handy for the NMC registration and UKVI Visa Prosses.
- A valid passport (with Validity of 6 months)
- Birth certificate
- 10th & 12th Marksheets
- Nursing or midwifery diplomas and registration certificates
- Transcript of training for all relevant nursing or midwifery programmes completed by the applicant. These must be calculated in hours or be accompanied by a letter from the training institution with a key to how the credits translate to hours.
- Employment references confirming their good health and good character. (two employment references confirming the applicant’s post-registration practice of at least 12 months, their competence and character.)
- Registration certificates from each jurisdiction where the applicant has practised and/or been registered – if the applicant’s country operates state registration, they will need to have registered in each state where they practised.
- Verifications from all jurisdictions where the applicant practised or where the applicant has been previously registered.
- For every overseas country in which they have lived for more than three months, they will need to provide a police clearance certificate. If they have lived in the UK for more than three months, they will need to provide us with a standard level Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate.
All applications to join the NMC nurses part of the Register must include evidence of completion of the English Language test bellow is the types of evidence NMC accepts.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test. You must complete the academic version of the IELTS test and achieve:
- at least 7.0 in the listening and reading and Speaking.
- at least 6.5 in the writing.
- Occupational English test (OET)
- at least B (350 and above) in the listening and reading and Speaking.
- at least C+ (300 and above) in the writing.
- Recent practice of at least one year in a majority English speaking country.
The NMC will not consider applicants who score lower than this standard.