If you suspect abuse is happening to someone, and it is not serious enough to involve the police straight away, who should you inform?

  • A manager with safeguarding responsibility (if within an organisation) or Adult Social Care directly (if you are a member of the public)

  • No one – it is up to the adult at risk to raise the alert

  • The adult’s next of kin

  • Everyone with a caring responsibility for the adult