Nurse Registration Process in Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia is the largest Gulf country. Saudi Commission For Health Specialities (SCFHS) Is responsible for evaluating and classifying all health-related degree holders before permitting them to practice in the
Kingdom. Every health professionals including Nurses who like to work in Saudi Arabia has to get registered under SCFHS.
Saudi Arabia is the only Gulf country where you can give the exam alter joining the work in Saudi Arabia,
provided you clear the exam within a year, with a maximum of three attempts. Failing to succeed within
these 3 attempts Will make you, not eligible to work in Saudi Arabia, In case you take in the first 2 attempts and
succeed in the final attempt. you need to succeed one more additional attempt within a year.
SCFHS partnered with Prometric. the reputable US. company. with great experience in computer-based
test (CBT) test delivery locally. regionally and internationally conducts the licensing exam tor Nurses.
This exam can be taken in all Prometric test centers across the world.
The Prometric Exam comprises 70 questions with 2 hours duration and you need a minimum at 60%
marks to pass the exam.
SCFHS provides the convenience of viewing the result and the number of answered the question immediately.
So Licensing is a four-step process, as follows:
1. Data Flow:
DataFlow is a third party company used by the SCFHS to verify your education, professional license, and employment documents.
Upload all of your documents to Dataflow by clicking here.. and pay the DataFlow application fee. The process can take up to two months to complete.
Once your DataFlow verification report has been issued, you can then proceed to Step 2.
2. Professional Classification and Licensing Exam
SCFHS is the online application system into which you enter all your details and upload documents (see list of documents bellow) The SCFHS will then review your application to determine your eligibility for licensing in Saudi Arabia.
If you are deemed “eligible for licensing,” you will be issued an “Eligibility Number” which allows you to register for the licensing exam.
Everyone must write the Prometric or Pearson VUE licensing exam before relocation. The approx fee for the nursing Prometric exam is US$239.
3. Professional Classification Certificate.
Once you have passed the licensing exam, the SCFHS will complete a final review of your application. Once approved, you will be issued a Professional Classification Certificate.
The registration process is completed when you arrive in Saudi Arabia.
List of documents required for the Nurse Registration Process in Saudi Arabia.
- Complete the professional classification and registration form.
- Notarized identification letter showing the date he/she started working and his/her job title. and certifying that he/she holds his/her position to date.
- Copy of the current registration.
- A copy of his/her qualifications.
- A copy of his/her qualifications Transcripts.
- Birth Certificate (in English only)
- internship certificate (if available)
- Certificate of registration (if available) or board certificate for practitioners who studied in their country.
- Basic Life Support Certificate
- Copy of passport and residency.
- Two recent personal photos