become a nurse in Luxemburg, Luxemburg is one of the tiniest countries in western Europe. surrounded by Germany, France, and Belgium. Luxemburg is a tax haven for businesses, it is also one of the tiniest sovereign nations on the continent.
Talking about nursing salary in Luxemburg, in their first 6-8 years nurses typically earn roughly $62.000 and can get up to $128.000. However, getting a job there is extremely difficult as it’s a small country.
The nursing profession requires getting a license from the Ministry of Health (Ministère de la Santé) before they can practice in Luxemburg as a registered nurse. Overseas nurses have to prof their professional, Language, physical, and mental health conditions to become a nurse in Luxemburg before they obtain a registration.
Requirements for overseas qualified Nurses:
- Holds a Foreign Nursing Diploma (minimum 3 Years) and must be recognized.
- Applications for recognition must be submitted to the Ministry of Higher Education and Research (Ministère de l’Enseignement Supérieur et de la Recherche).
- Understand and can prove one of the 3 administrative languages of Luxembourg (German, French or Luxembourgish). Require minimum B2 level
- Should have one year of clinical experience in order to get an offer from an employer.
How and Where to Apply:
To become a nurse in Luxemburg, nurses must send their application to apply for authorization to practice the profession, signed and completed, to the Department for Healthcare Professions of the Ministry of Health, with the bellow supporting documents to become a nurse in Luxemburg:
- Copy of their Valid Passport.
- A Police clearance certificate (original document only) issued by their country of residence. And must not be older than 6 months.
- A certificate of good mental and physical health (original document only) from the licensed Doctor. Not Older than 6 months.
- Copy of their Nursing Diploma or Degree and Transcripts (Recognised by Ministry of Higher Education and Research).
- A curriculum vitae;
- Birth Certificate
- Pay Tax of EUR 75.
The tax must be paid by direct deposit or wire transfer to the bank account of the Registration Duties, Estates and VAT Authority (Administration de l’enregistrement, des domaines et de la TVA), along with a statement of the applicant’s identity and the purpose of the payment.
Account holder: Administration de l’enregistrement, des domaines et de la TVA Account number: IBAN LU13 1111 0011 4679 0000 (Swift/BIC: CCPLLULL) Communication: AUTOPROFSANTE + nurse’s name
- Proof of their language skills.
- in the event of the exercise of their profession in one or more EU Member States for at least one year during the 10 years preceding the provision of the service, when the profession is not regulated in the Member State of establishment: proof by any means of these activities;
- Filled and sign an Application Form.
Reintegration Internship Course.
If you as a Nurse not been practicing for more than 5 years, they must complete above mention course. Nurses must inform the Minister of Health of their intention to take such a course, specifying:
- the number of years of inactivity;
- the workplace and department they wish to reintegrate;
- whether or not they attended continuing education courses in the field in question.
The minister will provide the nurse with:
- a list of accredited training sites with available places;
- the number of hours of practical training they must receive;
- a list of continuing education courses;
- the number of hours of classes the nurse must attend.
An internship agreement must then be signed between the intern, the internship supervisor, the representative of the training center, and the Ministry of Health.
The internship supervisor must have at least 5 years of professional experience in the same profession as the nurse who is retraining.
The applicant may appeal the decision, by filing the appeal with the administrative tribunal within 3 months of being notified of the decision.
The declaration is to be renewed once a year if the professional intends to provide services on a temporary or occasional basis in Luxembourg during the year concerned.
Being one of the smallest country in Europe nurses will have to pull up their socks in order to get a job in Luxemburg. However, once you get a job you will be having a handsome salary and you will be in love with this country of castles. We have a list of top counties for nurses to work and live and Luxemburg is on this list.